Mossèn Jacint Verdaguer Avenue
Martí Sureda designed this promenade that would later bear the name of Jacint Verdaguer with just the right proportions in the area reclaimed from the sea. The Casa de la Vila (Town Hall) was built at one end in 1872 by the architect Félix de Azua while Casa Garriga was constructed at the other end in 1887.
The promenade on which palm trees were later planted fills the space between these two buildings, which, together with the real colonial feel of the building façades along the promenade, give this urban sector of Lloret a highly evocative Antillean appearance. The characteristic reddish colour of the sand is due to the mixture of clayey sand with crushed red brick.
Tel: +34 972 365 788
Fax: +34 972 367 750