This building, in Neoclassical style, was designed by the architects Marí Sureda and Félix de Azúa and opened in 1872. The Neoclassical style façades were enriched with terracotta decorations made by the prestigious Lloret potter Pau Arpí Galí.
The outstanding element of the main façade consists of the arms of Spain, with the particular feature that this is one of the few buildings bearing the shield of King Amadeo of Savoy. The arms of Lloret appear on the lateral façades, with the symbolic laurel and an allegory of law.
Behind the principal arms on the previous façade, another outstanding feature is a wrought iron bell tower, created by the blacksmith Tarrats and designed by Agustí Font Vilarrubí.
The bell tower was the complement to a clock installed by the Isidre Bofill firm (from Barcelona). The weights of the clock hung down inside the front wall. The Town Hall still preserves its original beauty.
City Lloret de Mar